Moffat Express Equipment Warranty
Effective date: 1st November 2017
Before you request repair to the equipment under this warranty please check the following to save you unnecessary expenses. Subject to any other rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law, you will have to pay for faults or problems not covered by this warranty. OPERATION: Make sure your equipment is operated and maintained in accordance with the instructions in the supplied manuals. INSTALLATION: Make sure your product is correctly installed following the instructions in the supplied manuals. This includes correct connection of services such as: electricity, gas, water, drainage, and any required chemicals.
Moffat Pty Ltd (Moffat) warrants all equipment supplied by Moffat against defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
This warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- The warranty period is not renewed or extended as a result of a warranty repair or replacement.
- The warranty is not transferable and is only offered to the original buyer.
- The warranty does not extend to any products that have been completely or partially disassembledor that have had unauthorised alterations and modifications made to the product, including missingparts.
- The warranty terms cannot be amended except in writing by an authorised representative of Moffat.
- The warranty only applied to products purchased from Moffat or an authorised Moffat distributor.
- Any warranty claim must meet the requirements set out below in “How to Make a Warranty Claim”.
- Warranty work must be performed by Moffat or by a Moffat authorised service provider.
This warranty does not cover normal or scheduled maintenance of the product, nor does it cover the replacement of consumable items such as glass, ceramics, globes, seals, belts, water filters, and fuses or the resetting of the safety devices such as circuit breakers and clearing of drains.
This warranty will not apply to a defect or fault to the extent to which it arises from:
- Improper installation or commissioning of the product.
- Operation, use or maintenance of the product otherwise than in accordance with the instructionsprovided by Moffat.
- Use of chemicals other than those recommended by Moffat.
- Accidental damage, misuse, negligence or any other failure to take reasonable care.
- Use of the product for a purpose or in environmental conditions outside those specified by Moffat.
- Damage caused through blocked drains and the clearance of blockages.
- Damage caused by and clearance of blockages to pilots, injectors and burners.
- Damage arising from corrosion and/or lime scale.
- Parts or items not supplied by Moffat or a Moffat authorised service provider
- Damage caused by rodents or insects
How to make a warranty claim
If a product fails within the warranty period, immediately stop using the product and store in a safe, dry environment and contact Moffat as soon as possible. To make a claim under this warranty, contact Moffat during the warranty period by telephone on 1800 622 216. Alternatively, a warranty claim may be submitted in writing at the address set out below.
What Moffat will do
For all valid claims under this warranty, Moffat will, at its option: (i) repair the product; (ii) replace the product with a product this is at least equivalent to the original product in function and quality; or (iii) refund the purchase price. When a product or component is replaced or refunded, any replaced item becomes Moffat’s property.
Before providing any warranty service, Moffat may require provision of proof of purchase or require responses to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential faults. All requests must be responded to promptly at the buyer's expense.
Moffat will require the buyer to provide the buyer's credit card details before providing any warranty service. The buyer authorises Moffat to charge the buyer's credit card for:
- the cost of repairs carried out by Moffat (including labour costs and the costs of parts) which are notcovered by this warranty (including where the exclusions listed above are applicable) or not requiredto be carried out pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law (if applicable); and
- the additional fees payable by the buyer under this warranty, as set out in the section below titled"Costs of obtaining warranty service".
Where it is possible to do so, Moffat will provide the buyer an estimate of such costs prior to the costs being incurred by Moffat. The buyer acknowledges that the estimates may be given by Moffat in stages. For example, Moffat may incur travel costs to attend a location before then assessing a product and giving the buyer an estimate of the costs to repair that product. The buyer must notify Moffat immediately should further discussion or clarification be required prior to the costs being incurred by Moffat.
Costs of obtaining warranty service
For all products except Bakbar countertops, repairs will be conducted on-site during normal working hours (Mon-Fri 8am-4.30pm). Bakbar countertops must be returned to Moffat or Moffat’s Nominated Service Provider at the buyer's expense.
Additional fees will be payable for:
- Service outside the normal working hours or on public holidays.
- Service outside Moffat’s service are (200km round trip from Moffat Service Centre or MoffatNominated Service Provider).
- On-site service of Bakbar countertops
- Additional costs of the warranty repair such as accommodation, cost of transport (flights / ferries),site inductions and freight.
- Poor access and waiting time
The current rates for any additional fees can be obtained from Moffat.
The following statement applies where the product is supplied to a ‘consumer’ under the Australian Consumer Law: The benefits given by this Moffat warranty are additional to other rights and remedies that you may have under law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The benefits given by this warranty are additional to other rights and remedies that you may have under laws relating to our products.
The Australian Consumer Law allows suppliers to exclude the requirement to pay compensation for reasonably foreseeable loss or damage in certain circumstances. Please refer to the terms of sale.
This warranty is provided by:
Moffat Pty Ltd (ACN 070 810 721)
740 Springvale Road, Mulgrave, Vic 3170
Phone number: (03) 9518 3888
Fax number: (03) 9518 3833